We recently reviewed a podcast hosted by Scot Kenkel called How to Sell More Houses and we recently discovered that he has a second podcast called The Short Sale Podcast for Real Estate Agents available on iTunes as well.
If you hadn’t checked out the other review on Scot Kenkel, here’s a little background information about him. He’s been in the real estate industry for the past 20 years and offers sound advice to anyone who is interested in learning the tricks of the trade. If you’re looking for training programs that sugar coat the trickier parts of the business, you won’t find it with Scot. He goes for the gut and he knows what he’s talking about. Which would be why he is a nationally recognized speaker for the industry and the founder and chief learning expert for the Success Learning Institute, LLC.
Along with speaking to real estate agents who are interested in increasing their effectiveness within the business, he’s written several eBook:
- Real Estate Success Strategies
- How to List and Sell for Sale by Owners: The Undisputed How-To Guidebook for Quickly Learning to Painlessly List for Sale by Owners
- HOW TO LIST AND SELL “Short Sales”
- The Real Estate Agent’s Guide to Working with Fsbos: The Undisputed How-To Guidebook for Learning How to List and Sell More Fsbo’s
Scot created this particular podcast to help people understand what a short sale is and how to make it work for them. Although this series hasn’t been updated in several years, the information you’ll find in these 13 episodes can be quite beneficial to real estate agents, new and old.
Some examples of the sort of the information you’ll find in the episodes include:
- Episode 1 – Scot talks a little bit about himself, his credentials, and how he can help you It also talks about the mortgage default crisis in brief detail.
- Episode 6 – Scot talks about how you can help your home owners decide if they are better off selling their home the normal way, or if a short sale is the better option for them. You’re going to have to get on a personal level with your sellers, so be prepared to ask those tougher questions.
- Episode 10 – Scot touches on how you should set the price on your short sale listing. He talks about how the right price on your short sale because it will help your home get sold quicker. Many real estate agents haven’t the experience setting a price on short sales, and this episode sheds some light on those problems.
While this very short podcast only has 13 episodes, each episode is useful and has incredible information. His laid back voice and to-the-point approach to the topics everyone is asking, it’s certainly something you’ll want to tune in to. Short sales aren’t for everyone because there is a lot of stress and pressure involved, but we think that by tuning into the Short Sale Podcast on iTunes, you’ll feel more confident going forward.